home colorado dui law index driver's licenses criminal charges email us directions to our office for non residents



Presented by:

The Law Office of Clifton Hypsher
3780 South Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113
Tel. 303.806.5104


Please call 1.877.362.9091 Toll Free for a free telephone consultation

If you are were arrested for a Colorado DUI but failed to appear, you may have some nasty suprises waiting for you. Call us and clear up you failure to appear with as little pain as possible !

Are you charged with a colorado dui or dwai for which you failed to appear in court? If so Colorado has probably placed a hold on your drivers' license. This hold will prevent you from renewing or obtaining a new drivers' license in Colorado or in most other most states. In addition, a warrant for your arrest has probably been issued which could cause you to be arrested and held until you post an appearance bond, usually in excess of one thousand dollars. The bond will required you to return to court to face the original charges pending against you.

Similarly, if you pled guilty to or were convicted of a colorado dui or dwai but failed to complete your probation, colorado will place a hold on your driving privilege which will probably catch up to you the next time you go to renew you license. If you are stopped by the police for any reason you may be arrested for probation violation and have to post a bond to get out of jail. I've seen judges send people who have failed to complete their probation to jail for three months to a year when they come back to court. If you find yourself in this situation, I highly recommend that you hire an attorney to make arrangements to get you back into court (hopefully without being arrested on the spot) and to get your probation reinstated.

I have handled a lot of these cases over the last few years. If you live in another state and your case involves a first offense or is particularly old (over twelve years old), it may be possible to obtain a resolution without your returning to Colorado! Please call about your special circumstances.